11.17.2007

The Divider

This is the divider that I built for my sewing area. My bedroom is big enough that I have been able to turn the back third into a computer and sewing station. This is a great option, but I needed something to hide things and keep the bedroom looking like a bedroom. This way too, if I want to leave a mess in my work area I can! At first I was just going to try and buy something, but I really couldn't find anything that I liked and it was all so expensive. So, I came up w/the idea to build what I wanted. It was pretty easy I just got panels of wood from Home Depot, for size I just took what they had it was pretty near perfect. I used my electric sander (fun) and smoothed them out, next I attached the strapping and stained then polyed the panels, both sides. When it was all done I attached the hinges and voila. It works fabulously and looks really sharp - in fact I think it adds to the room.
I also put together the computer station myself, the amount of hardware involved in making all of the doors and drawers operable was astonishing. I've since moved the tower, reorganized things, and added two japanese paper lanterns to the top so that it looks a lot more clean and pretty. I also put together the desk, chair and drawers you see in my sewing station.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this divider is AMAZING! I cant believe you made that. not only are you the BEST cook but you can build anythign too. you are unstopable

Kate Wells said...

you are too fancy.