3.11.2007

What's Wrong with the United States Postal Service?

Nothing in my opinion. In fact if I had to choose a shipping outfit to call my own, the USPS would definitely get ALL of my affections. Both FedEx and UPS cost considerably more than the good old US mail system and in my opinion do not deliver domestically shipped packages as efficiently or effectively. Over the past few years I've had a number of companies ship purchases to me via UPS. At least half a dozen times these orders have not been delivered when they were scheduled to be and this includes times when I've paid for expedited service. Go figure. UPS does not deliver or continue to ship your package on Saturdays...the post office most certainly does! Also UPS takes eons longer to get a package to you. For example a package mailed priority mail will take two days to go from the East Coast to the West Coast and three to four days going first class mail. The UPS equivalent of first class mail takes SEVEN days! and of course that's if it doesn't come a day late, which happens often. Additionally, and what many of you probably don't know, is that when you send a package via US Mail Priority the postage fee automatically includes up to $100 of insurance, and more often than not packages sent via US Mail arrive earlier than anticipated. As if the efficient and speedy service that the US Postal Service provides is not reason enough, they now have some really great stamp collections available, there are: stamps with super heroes on them like the Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman etc. and the colors and designs are great, there is a collection called Wonders of the US which includes such categories as "Largest Frog" amongst others.they have a neat baseball collection and also a "Crops of the Americas" for you agricultural types out there. Unfortunately it seems that most online retailers prefer to use UPS and do not give an option of using USPS instead. I wish they did, I'd get my mail more quickly, and they'd be able to stop raising the damn postage rate every two years!

0 comments: